Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Countdown till Europe: 14 days to go

I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  Today, I'm exactly two weeks away from my European trip which I am SO excited about.  Our itinerary consists of ten days in the French Riviera with a short trip to Barcelona and Milan, then seven days in Paris.  You see, I majored in European studies in college about 14 or so years ago and never set foot in Europe until two years ago when I went to Italy over Christmas and New Year.  It was an experience I'll never forget.  While don't make boatloads of money, I think smart shopping and prioritizing can afford you yearly trips to any destination that you please.

14 Days to Go

On my three-week European trip, I will be taking my little 4-year old and he is just as excited as I am.  We have been watching travel clips of all the places we'll be visiting and the one place he is most excited about is Italy.  According to the little guy, he plans to eat and eat and eat in Italy.  I, too, happen to have that plan!

Travel tip:  When traveling with a minor overseas and both parents are not accompanying the child, it is recommended that you obtain a notarized authorization letter from the non-accompanying parent to avoid any issues at immigration.  I found a good sample letter on www.singleparenttravel.net.

Photo via here

No comments:

Post a Comment