Thursday, May 26, 2011

Island Girl Living a Nomadic Life in the US and Loving It!

I just realized that I have never lived in a city or a country for that matter, for more than 10 years.  I was born in the Philippines and at the age of 7, moved to Seattle.  I loved (and still do) everything Seattle had to offer - the great outdoor scenery, fresh seafood, and the diversity of the city.  Surprising for a 7 year old to take note of all these things, but I did.

Lake Union


After living in Seattle for four years, I moved back to Manila and lived there for about 10 years with my summer vacations spent her in the US visiting family in San Francisco and Seattle.  Now more aware of my surroundings, I absolutely love San Francisco - great food, fabulous shopping, and amazing sights.  What more could you ask for? 

My favorite spot in the city is Baker Beach.  I had my engagement photos taken here.  While the marriage didn't last, I still love the place and I take my son, Riley, whenever I can.


Photo courtesy of durandpro.com
I was also fortunate enough to spend time on the east coast.  I lived in northern Virginia for a year and also spent another year in Boston.  I truly love nature and enjoy taking long drives on the weekend.  The beauty of living in the east coast is that you drive for 3-4 hours and you're in a different state!  What's even better is that each state has its own unique attribute for you to explore. 

Here are some of my favorite places:


Aquinnah Lighthouse, Gay Head cliffs in Martha's Vineyard


New Hampshire in the winter...


New York City from the top of the Empire State Building


Ogunquit, Maine (photo courtesy of riversidemotel.com)

Stowe, Vermont is one of America’s most famous resort villages. Depicted in this view is the community church with its exquisite spire.
Stowe, Vermont - Beware of getting a sugar high from maple candy!  (photo courtesy of stowenewengland.com)

Boston, Charles River, Downtown, Massachusetts, Skyline, Longfellow Bridge
Boston, MA (photo courtesy of thomasmangan.net)


Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive. 

Washington DC From Arlington
Washington, DC (photos courtesy of uimages.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment