Monday, April 25, 2011

Skipping the 6/8 Dress Size

While recently organizing my closet, I noticed that my clothes were all either a 2/4 or a 10/12...whatever happened to the 6/8?  Though I have not fit into my 2/4 tops, dresses and jeans in a long time, I still hold on to them in hopes that "one day" I will fit in them again.  The jump from a size 4 to a 10 only means that I probably had a muffin top for the longest time and was in denial that I had to move up to a larger size.

Now that my son is 3 years old, I no longer have an excuse to be on the higher end of the dress size.  My love for food and loath of exercising is a horrible combination.  But my love for fashion is what's keeping me motivated.  I have found the most amazing outfits that just doesn't look right if you're not a 2/4.  I have vowed that while I can't give up cupcakes and pasta, I do need to balance that with something good; therefore, for every bad food I eat, I would have to add a mile on the treadmill.  So, I guess you can have your cake and eat it too; just walk/run/jog that extra mile.


Photos courtesy of: confusedcalcutta.com; luxeat.com; fabulousfit.com; motrunning.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment