Monday, June 20, 2011

Munchies Mondays: Crockpot Recipe

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day weekend. 

I was watching a Real Housewives of New York episode (yes, I admit it's one of my guilty pleasures); and it happened to be one showing Sonja Morgan cooking in her toaster oven.  While some may laugh it off, I have actually cooked pork barbecue on a toaster oven and it turned out to be actually delicious.  The toaster oven is a quick and easy way to heat up and cook things.  However, my ultra favorite gadget in the kitchen is the slow cooker/crockpot.  You put all the ingredients in and you leave it alone.  It's no fuss, easy cooking.  One of my favorite recipes is slow-cooked oxtail stew.  Here's my recipe:

6-8 medium sized oxtail pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 whole garlic, minced
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper
1 large can of whole, peeled tomatoes


Image via here

Sear the oxtail in a skillet for about 2 minutes each side.  Once it's browned, transfer into the crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low heat for about 6 hours and serve with rice or bread.  Pics will be posted next time I make this at home.






Image via here

Image via here


No comments:

Post a Comment