Thursday, June 16, 2011

Travel Thursdays: Luxury Travel in Manila

Emotag: Worth the splurge!

I've been looking forward to today's blog post because I get to flaunt my hometown: Manila, Philippines.  The Philippines has got to be one of the friendliest (if not THE friendliest) countries you'll ever get to visit.  You'll always be welcomed with a warm smile.  Also, a large part of the population speaks English which certainly helps when you're traveling to a foreign country.  Great shopping, good food, and amazing sights and scenery are the things I look forward to when I go back to visit.  Not to mention, of course, the fact that I don't have to lift a finger when I'm there which is always an incalculable plus.

If you are thinking of a destination in Southeast Asia and looking for a luxury resort, I suggest the Amanpulo Resort on Pamalican Island in Palawan.  This resort is on a private island with powder-white sand and crystal blue waters.  Service and facilities are impeccable and there is an abundance of things to do from water sports activities to a world-class spa.

Image via here

If you're looking to stay right in the heart of the city, there's the Shangri-La Hotel in Makati where you are a stone's throw away from great shopping, restaurants, and bars.  The hotel alone has several restaurants to choose from ranging from Filipino, Chinese, to American.  There's also The Fort (also in Makati) where there's dining, shopping, and, well, drinking :).  Manila is definitely a party place and culturally, that's what we like to do.  We make up any excuse to gather, eat, and be merry.

Image via here
I'm feeling nostalgic as I write this post.  My sister and her family are actually in Manila now for three whole weeks and I'm wishing I was there too with my little one; maybe next year.  Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment